UNLV-Guest wireless is intended for use by UNLV guests. Current faculty, staff and students should use UNLV-Secure.
Examples include but are not limited to conference attendees, alumni visiting campus, local news crews, and guest lecturers. UNLV-Guest has access to public Internet resources only.
UNLV-Guest Hours of Availability
- 7 a.m. to midnight
- View Available Wireless Networks and make sure you are connected to UNLV-Guest
- UNLV-Guest is compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless cards
- Ensure that your wireless card is turned on
- Make sure you are located in a UNLV Wireless hotspot
- Restarting your computer can often fix connection problems
- Ensure your wireless card drivers are up to date. Check with your wireless card manufacturer for the most updated drivers
- Firewalls and Antivirus programs can block wireless traffic
- UNLV-Guest, as any wireless connection, is not meant for large data downloads or high speed needs
- If you have a wireless login, use UNLV authenticated connections for full IT support
Contact your host on campus to find more information or to provide feedback on the guest wireless system.